Information Statement, art. 13 Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 – supplementary guidelines on the website www.mountainfitness.org.
The data controller of data collected through this site is Federation for Sport at Altitude, with its registered offices in Italy at, Via Roma 62, 11020 Valtournenche (AO). VAT no. and tax code 00648480077 who decides independently on the use and means of processing, as well as the security procedure to be applied to guarantee confidentiality, integrity and the availability of data.
Discretionary or obligatory nature of data provision
The provision of your personal data to Federation for Sport at Altitude which is requested at various collection points may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes set out in the specific information statement, or the data provision may be optional.
The obligatory or discretionary nature of the provision is specified on a case by case basis – with reference to the particular information requested – each time data is collected, using a special character (*) indicating obligatory information. Any possible refusal to communicate to Federation for Sport at Altitude any of your data indicated as obligatory renders it impossible to continue with the main purpose of the data collection; such refusal may for example involve making it impossible for Federation for Sport at Altitude to fulfil the purchase agreement for products on www.mountainfitness.org or supply other services available on www.mountainfitness.org. The provision of additional data to Federation for Sport at Altitude, other than that indicated as essential, is however optional and does not lead to any consequences with regard to the fulfilment of the main purpose of the collection (for example, depending on the case, the use of the website and its services or the purchase of products).
- to process data exclusively for the intended purposes and according to the methods illustrated in the information statement presented when the data is collected;
- to use the data for additional purposes other than the purposes for which its specifically provided only with the user’s express consent;
- to make the data available to third party companies only for purposes instrumental to the supply of the required services and within the context of appointing a data supervisor; not to communicate, assign or transfer the data to third party individuals for processing belonging to the latter without informing the user in advance and obtaining their consent;
- to respond to requests for deletion, modification and integration of the data provided, opposition to processing of data for the purpose of sending sales and advertising material;
- to ensure the correct and legitimate management of data, safeguarding the privacy of users, as well as applying appropriate security measures to protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of data provided.
How and why do we process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is performed chiefly using electronic and telematics methods by Federation for Sport at Altitude and other parties who, appropriately selected for their trustworthiness and competence, carry out operations key to the fulfilment of the objective closely connected to the use of the website, its services and the purchase of products via the website (see also, section entitled “Persons who may process your personal data”).
The specific purposes for which the data is processed are summarized, on each occasion, in the information statement pursuant to art. 13, Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, which is presented to the user when providing personal data.
As a general rule, data is processed for the supply of the following services available by accessing our website:
- registration on the website, to make use of the related services;
- subscription to specific and additional services, such as our newsletter and other similar information services concerning our activities, the creation of your Wish List and sharing its contents,
- order handling and related activities;
- payment management, including anti-fraud checks in the case of credit card payment; in this case, data provided during the purchase process (first name, last name, address, credit card number, delivery address if different to the invoice address) will be sent directly to the banking system which will use the data for verification purposes;
- anti-fraud control; pursuant to Chapter IV, article 25, paragraph 6 “Transfer of personal data to Third Countries” of Directive 95/46/EC, data may be transferred to countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area that guarantee adequate levels of personal data protection. In any case, processing will be carried out according to the procedures set forth in this statement and the provisions of the law;
- management of your requests: technical, sales related, on the progress of your orders and general information requests;
- making contact with representatives of our departments (Press Relations, Business Development, Web Marketing, Procurement, Customer Services);
In processing data that may, directly or indirectly, identify you, we will endeavor to observe the principle of strict necessity.
For this reason, we have configured the website in such a way that the use of your personal data is reduced to a minimum: therefore, no data is processed when the purposes sought in individual cases can be realized using anonymous data (such as, for example, market research intended to improve services) or using other methods that permit identification of the interested party only in cases of necessity or upon request from the authorities and police forces (such as, for example, data relating to traffic and your visits to the website and your IP address).
In some cases, as expressly indicated in the information statement, your data will be subject – with your prior express consent – to processing with the aim of creating profiles based on your preferences and your purchases. This has the objective of sending you information tailored to your requirements and interests. Except for the case provided in art. 130, paragraph 4, Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 (in which the controller can use data to send advertising emails on its products and services, similar to those already purchased, unless this use has been refused), Federation for Sport at Altitude can use your data to send advertising on its services and products only with your consent.
Our website uses automatic data collection systems not directly provided by the user, such as cookies. A cookie is a mechanism that is transmitted to the hard disk of the user; it does not contain understandable information but enables the user to be associated with the personal information that they provide on the site. Cookies are stored on our server and no one is able to access the information contained therein. Only Federation for Sport at Altitude processes the information collected via cookies and only in an anonymous format and aggregated to optimize our own services and website in relation to specific requirements and preferences specific to users.
We have prepared cookies, for example, with regard to the browsing functions in the catalogue, and online purchasing of products.
The internet browser allows for the deletion of cookies after each session. The internet browser contains instructions on how to carry out the deletion process. Please consult it.
However, Federation for Sport at Altitude cannot guarantee to its users that the measures employed for security on the website and the transmission of data and information on its site limit and exclude any unauthorized access or leaking of data on the part of devices attributable to the user: we advise you to ensure that your computer is equipped with suitable software to protect the transmission of network data, both incoming and outgoing (such as an updated antivirus system) and that your Internet service provider has employed sufficient measures to ensure the security of network data transmission (such as, for example, a firewall and antispam filters).
If you would like to receive additional information on how Federation for Sport at Altitude processes your personal data, we encourage you to contact us using the form on this page or using the online chat function at the top of every page.
To find out about your rights and stay up to date on laws on privacy with regard to personal data processing, we recommend that you visit the website of the Italian Data Protection Authority at http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
The Code guarantees that the processing of personal data is carried out observing laws and fundamental freedoms, as well as respecting the dignity of the interested party, with particular regard to confidentiality, personal identity and right to protect personal data.